Table of Content
- Health Requirements
- How To Reach:
- Trek Start & End Point: Kaza
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Cost: INR 14,000/-
- ITINERARY IN BRIEF
- Day 1:- Manali to Kaza ( 3800m/10hrs )
- Day 2:- Kaza to Kibber ( 4300m/1hr )
- Day 3: Rola Kholi to Bhrigu Lake and then back to Rola Kholi (14,000 ft)
- Day 3:- Acclimatization Aay At Kibber
- Day 4:- Kibber to Kanamo Base Camp ( 4780m/6.5hrs )
- Day 5:- Base Camp to Kanamo Peak (5960m/7hrs)
- Day 6:- Kanamo Base camp to Kaza via Kibber (4300m/5hrs)
- Day 7:-Drive to Manali (2050m)
- 5. Base Camp To Kanoma Peak And Back To Base Camp
- 6. Kanoma Base Camp To Kaza Via Kibber And Finally To Manali
- 7. Drive To Manali
- THINGS TO CARRY
Waking up to the Wonderful views of “White Hostess ” at an altitude of 19,600ft is not something that you get to do every day but Kanamo Peak Trek allows you to do so and experience such a larger than life views. This place in Himachal offers you with a 360degree rewarding view of Ladakh, Spiti, Kullu and Kinnaur Peaks. Highly
You don’t have to be a professional trekker to climb this peak just a good stamina and proper rest can make your trek successful. You may have to face little bit of difficulty in this rocky trail but a certain amount of efforts for viewing Kanamo Peak looming in the background of Kibber and Tashi Gang village is worth an investment.
If you visit in August, then you would be lucky to spot superb sweet pea harvest in exotic villages of spiti ,stretches of lushy fields amidst the decent deserted mountains along the way to Kibber is just a tasty treat to eyes. The best time to visit Kanamo Peak is from June last week to october first week. Try avoiding visit during monsoons as it will be difficult to have taste of freezing snow around the summer.
This peak is the third highest peak in the spiti valley that offers a variety of wildlife including ibex, bharal, red fox, wolf, charismatic leopard. You will be able to spot remains of history that is fossils because millions of years ago, the collision between the Indo-Australian and Eurasian plates had resulted in the Himalayan mountain chain rising out of the Tethys Sea which left the reamins of ancient sea creatures.
You will also have a tour to Key Monastery that represents historical culture. really interesting fossils, probably ammonites.So if you want to fill your memory collage with peaceful and powerfu exciting l adeventures, then you must head towards the Kanamo Peak for your vaccations.
Region : Himachal Pradesh
Duration: 7 Days
Altitude: 19,553 ft.
Trek Length: 27 kms
- If you are first time climber then, you must be determined to trek at such a high altitude. Both mental and physical health is required.
- The climber must be fit and have sufficient stamina to cover 5 km of distance in 30 minutes without a stress.
- The climber should be strong enough to carry a 10-15 kg backpack.
- Heart problem, high blood pressure, asthma, and epilepsy cannot be reconciled on this mission. The climber must not have the conditions mentioned above.
- If you have certain injuries then you must consult doctor before going on trek.
How To Reach:
By Air – Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport or else you can also take a flight from Delhi to Manali. From Bhuntar you can avail taxi services to reach Manali that costs about 700-1000rs. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher
By Road – You can also take an overnight bus from Delhi that will drop you Manali within 12 – 14 hours. Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or
By Rail –Pathankot is the nearest railway station to the base camp (Manali) or else you can take train from delhi to Chandigarh and thereby continue with bus ti reach manali.
Trek Start & End Point: Kaza
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Cost: INR 14,000/-
ITINERARY IN BRIEF
Day 1:- Manali to Kaza ( 3800m/10hrs )
- Reach Manali a day before to enjoy its scenic beauty.
- Begin a road journey to Kaza early in the morning.
- .Roads are not so good, heavy traffic jams on route to Batal via Rohtang Pass, Manali -Leh highway.
- . Enjoy views of small villages, snowy mountains along the way.
- . Reach Kaza late in the evening ,stay in hotel.
Day 2:- Kaza to Kibber ( 4300m/1hr )
- Today’s trek will be for 6 km and last for four hours.
- You will pass through silver oak, cedar and birch tree forests and you will have a view of Manali and Solang all along the way.
- You will also see Mount Hanuman Tibba and the Seven Sister peaks
Day 3: Rola Kholi to Bhrigu Lake and then back to Rola Kholi (14,000 ft)
- Start early and drive for an hour to reach kibber .
- You will pass through deserted mountain valleys and have a visit to Key Monastery which is the main attraction for the day.
- After spending hours with monks, you will head for an acclimatization walk of 1.5 hrs.
- Late in evening explore Kibber’s culture and relax.
Day 3:- Acclimatization Aay At Kibber
- Prepare yourself mentally and physically for today’s
acclimatization atheight of 14,108 feet.
Day 4:- Kibber to Kanamo Base Camp ( 4780m/6.5hrs )
- Start for a steep trek to Kanamo Base Camp .
- Difficult ascent for first 4 hrs, then experience even walk full of picturesque views.
- Explore beautiful creations of nature at an height of 15,748ft .
- Enjoy night camping at base camp.
Day 5:- Base Camp to Kanamo Peak (5960m/7hrs)
- Start early in the morning around 3-4 a. m. for an adventurous trek to Kanamo peak.
- Difficult ascent full of scree is tiring and thrilling at the same time, so carry sufficient amount of water.
- Snow -climbing will require crampons as there is fear of falling down.
- Enjoy 360degree rewarding views of Himalyas, Kinnaur -Lahaul -Spiti territory.
- Along the way catch scenic beauty of glaciers and snowy peaks in your camera.
- Enjoy night camping.
Day 6:- Kanamo Base camp to Kaza via Kibber (4300m/5hrs)
- Set yourself up for gradual descent trail to Kaza via Kibber.
- Enjoy scenic beatuy all along the way.
- Have lunch at kibber and then drive to Kaza via local transport.
Day 7:-Drive to Manali (2050m)
1. Manali to Kaza
The first destination of your trek will be Kaza, the base camp which is at a height of 12,470ft. Manali-a beautiful hill station located in
You will head for a road journey to Kaza which is sometimes disappointing due to ill-maintained, rattled and traffic jammed roads. To enjoy scenic beauty around Rohtang Pass, you must begin this journey quite early in the morning. You will drive towards Batal via Rohtang pass on the Manali -Leh Highway. This road is little bumpy but eye-catching views of arid mountains will overpower troubles caused by these unfavorable roads.
2. Kaza to Kibber
Wake up to the fresh morning of Kaza and head your feet towards Kibber which is at an altitude of 14,108ft. Kibber with 80 houses is a small and beautiful village located in
After 1 hour of exciting drive to Kibber, you will reach your destination. Key Monastery surrounded by decently deserted mountain valleys with Spiti river making the whole view magically magnificent will take you to the historical setup. You will interact with monks, see amazingly architect prayer rooms, read old manuscripts and after spending hours in such a peace -providing historical and yet informative monastery, you will head for an acclimatization walk of 1.5hrs passing through deserted mountain valleys.
Late in the evening, you will have a taste of the colorful culture of Kibber with a set of houses designed and colored similarly as if they all are marching in sync. After witnessing such a spiritual and strong day, you will have sleep in one of the highest inhabitant villages.
3. Acclamitization day at Kibber
Today you will be heading for an acclimatization to kibber at an height of 24,108ft.This trail to kibber will give you the taste of thick and thorns of the upcoming trek.Enjoy beautifully blessed views along the way.
4. Kibber to Kanamo base camp
Today, you will experience steep ascent to the Kanamo base camp. Crossing through green mouth -watering pea fields,rocky slopes and deserted moutain valleys, you will gain an altitude of 1,640ft .After 3-4hrs of hard trail, you will be witnessing a fairy flowerland with varieties of Brahma Kamal and other flowers around. Along the way, you will also pass through extremely fresh and refreshing two lakes. If you are a curious cat, then this trail is a gift for you as you can find number of fossils of plants and animals, discover repositories of fossils of all type. After such a long day full of adventures, you can relax at beautiful Kanamo base camp.
5. Base Camp To Kanoma Peak And Back To Base Camp
Wake up in midnight amidst the freezing cold-bitter morning of Kanoma base camp for viewing spellbinding Gorgeous Greater Himalyas at an altitude of 9,553ft. This trail to Kanoma Peak is difficult as whole trail has loose stone chips, rocky terrain and even you may have to face sheer ascent.
Last 3 hrs of snow climbing, steep ascent of about 80 degrees on
Later, follow 3-5 hrs descent to Kanamo base camp and along the way, you will enjoy beauty of giggling glaciers and snowy peaks. Soon you will fall asleep under the cover of shining stars.
6. Kanoma Base Camp To Kaza Via Kibber And Finally To Manali
Today you will be travelling back to Kaza crossing Kibber village. This go-back trek is totally a powerful package offering picturesque view of enchanting mountains at backdrop of stunning Spiti valley. After enjoying scenic brilliance of nature, you will reach Kibber. Freshen up, have lunch and then you will drive back to Kaza.
7. Drive To Manali
Start early in the morning to reach Manali till evening. Drive back to Manali could be little nostalgic as you will cross the same beautiful terrain . On the way, try squuezing every drop of fun you can as your trek ends.
If you are spending more time in Spiti before or after the trek (on your own), go across the Spiti river. There are beautiful villages like Rangrik, with a huge Buddha statue atop a mountain, Pagmo etc come into view. The roads are quite narrow but the local drivers and buses deftly navigated these. You can also visit Hikkim, which has the world’s highest post office.The post office is nothing but a small box with stamps and files in a mud house – the house of the post master of the village.
Another place to visit is the Key monastery, one of the large monasteries in this region. On the way, you will see the lovely village of Chicham, which is connected to the road by a pulley-operated trolley.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Backpack and rain cover ( 50-60 ltr )
2. Walking Stick
3. Water Bottle
4 . Head Torch
6. Camera with charged batteries
7. Important documents like adhar card etc.
1. T-shirts (full sleeves Non -cotton )
2. Fleece T-shirts
3. Fleece Jacket
4. Down feather /Hollofil jacket
5. Wind and waterproof (jacket and pant)
6. Thermal inners (upper and lower)
7. Trek pants
9. Waterproof gloves 1 pair
10. Fleece /woollen gloves
11. Scarf /muffler (optional)
1. Sunscreen cream
3. Antibacterial powder
4.Toilet paper and wipes
5. Toothbrush and toothpaste
7. Quick dry towel
1. Sun cap
2. Woollen cap
4. Sunglasses U/V protected
5. People who wear spectales -Use contact lenses .
1. Trekking shoes
2 . Floaters /flip -flops
3. Cotton socks
4. Woollen socks