The main center of attraction of Manimahesh Trek moves around the beautiful Manimahesh lake( also known as Dal lake).
The lake is situated close to the Manimahesh Kailash Peak in the range ( Pir Panjal Range) of the Himalayas at an elevation of 4080 meters. The Dal lake is situated in Bharmour subdivision of Chamba district of Himachal.
Table of Content
Manimahesh Trek History
Another name of the lake is Chamba Kailash and it is very famous for Manimahesh Yatra. The pilgrimage(Yatra) leads to so many beautiful temples starting from Bharmour.
The commend of pilgrimage takes place in the month of August and September which is taken corresponding to the month of Bhado according to the Hindu calendar.
Manimahesh Trek Time
Time – 61 hours
Manimahesh Trek Distance
Distance – 1580 km
Manimahesh Trek Difficulty
Manimahesh Trek Altitude
Altitude – 216m to 4080m
Manimahesh Trek Best Time
According to holidify April to November
Manimahesh Trek Itinerary
Day 1 – Delhi to Dharamshala
(Height – 1457m, Distance – 475kms, Time – 10 hours)
- The trip had started from capital Delhi to Dharamshala.
- From Ac bus, it takes the whole night to reach Dharamshala.
Day 2 – Dharamshala (Height – 1457m, Distance -0kms, Time – 0 hours)
Day 2 – Dharamshala
(Height – 1457m, Distance -0kms, Time – 0 hours)
- We have reached Dharamshala early in the morning.
- We have checked in to the hotel and completed our breakfast.
- We spend the day to relax and restore the energy and stayed in the hotel overnight. Day 3 – Dharamshala to Hardsar to Dancho (Height – 1750m to 2480m, Distance – 230+7kms, Time – 8+3 hours)
Day 3 – Dharamshala to Hardsar to Dancho
(Height – 1750m to 2480m, Distance – 230+7kms, Time – 8+3 hours)
- In the morning we drove to Hudsar.
- Now our trekking experience began and we start trekking to Dancho.
- We slowly ascend to Dancho.
- We stayed in Dancho in the tent and took a rest overnight. Day 4 – Dancho to Mani Mahesh Lake (Height – 4080m, Distance – 27km, Time – 7 hours)
Day 4 – Dancho to Mani Mahesh Lake
(Height – 4080m, Distance – 27km, Time – 7 hours)
- After breakfast, we had started our elegant trek to Mani Mahesh Lake.
- It was so fascinating as to climb around 2000m from Dancho.
- It was a long and gradual climb, we reached the lake in the evening and enjoyed the scene and heritage.
- After dinner, we stayed in the camp overnight. Day 5 – Manimahesh Lake to Dancho (Height – 2480m, Distance – 27km, Time – 6 to 7 hours)
Day 5 – Manimahesh Lake to Dancho
(Height – 2480m, Distance – 27km, Time – 6 to 7 hours)
- After exploring Mani Mahesh, we trek down to Dancho.
- Trekking down is something we should be more careful of.
- We stayed in Dancho overnight in the tent. Day 6 – Dancho to Dharamshala (Height – 1500m, Distance – 280km, Time – 10 hours)
Day 6 – Dancho to Dharamshala
(Height – 1500m, Distance – 280km, Time – 10 hours)
- After breakfast, we had trek down to Hudsar.
- From Hudsar we drove back to Dharamshala.
- We checked in the hotel in Dharamshala and stayed there overnight. Day 7 – Dharamshala to Delhi (Height – 216m, Distance – 475kms, Time – 9 hours)
Day 7 – Dharamshala to Delhi
(Height – 216m, Distance – 475kms, Time – 9 hours)
- At the morning after breakfast, we went to enjoy the views of Dharamshala.
- After sightseeing Dharamshala, we left for Delhi in the evening.
- On the next day, we arrived in Delhi in the morning. Essentials for Mani Mahesh Trek:-
Manimahesh Kailash Trek Essentials
- Identity proof
- Waterproof trekking suit
- Basic Cutlery
- Plastic covers
- Energy drinks
- Gloves and socks
- Flashlight and umbrella
- Water bottles
- Light food
Read Here About Shumga Trek